Pages

Monday, December 27, 2010

My day after Christmas story.

It was the day after Christmas. My bf's relative from Hawaii was visiting so we went bowling. Normally, I wouldn't ever choose to go bowling as an activity because I'm horrible at the game. 

Yesterday, I had a pretty good time! 
I didn't throw too many gutters and I had a score of 92!! Not to shabby.

But of course, with my borderline-embarrassing obsession of nails I can make anything related to nail art. 

Anyways, while bowling I broke my thumb nail. I was just going to rip it off but it was painful and I decided to glue it back together. Since Travis & I had to go to to church directly after bowling we stopped by a random Walgreen's in Kirkland to get some glue. I headed towards the nail aisle and to my surprise I found this display and almost pee'd my pants. I've always wanted to try out these things!! They are basically DIY Minx

You can click on the picture for a larger image. 
Then you can click on it again for a closer look at the designs.



 I really wanted the butterfly one but they were out so I got the colorful flower one. Look at my sad broken nail. It split like an upside down 'Y'.

 Included was: 16 strips, file buffer things, & manicure stick. When I did all 10 nails I only used one of the two sets of nail strips. I just cut them in half because $9.99 is a lot for one "manicure". I mean, I can find a bottle of OPI for $4 and they, the nail Gods, say that one bottle can last 30-40 manis.

 This is what the finished product looks like. Oooh. Ahhh. It says on the package it's suppose to last up to 10 days. That's a lie. Well, it probably was because of my poor application skills, but right after I put them on I went to the fridge to feed my fatass and I noticed a chip. Immediately, I slapped on some topcoat and it's been holding up since. I just don't think it will last me 10 days.

I think it looks nice. 
Overall, I like them (so far). It's not as satisfying as painting my own nails. Nothing can replace that.  Also, it's kind of pricey. Once they go on sale I will be all over the nicer intricately designed ones.

Happy Monday, Motherlovers.

1 comment:

  1. You almost pee'd your pants seeing the display...thats me with beer! giddy lol, kidding.

    They look good, hate chipping nails though. I can so hear a *gasp* and a mother fucker, or at least that's what would have came outta my mouth! ha :)

    Happy New Year!
    XxOo!

    ReplyDelete